My guest today is Alexander Ineichen, the founder of Ineichen Research and Management AG, an independent research firm established in October 2009 focusing on investment themes related to nowcasting and risk management. Alexander started his financial career in derivatives brokerage and origination of risk management products at Swiss Bank Corporation in 1988.
The topics are his books Absolute Returns: The Risk and Opportunities of Hedge Fund Investing and Asymmetric Returns: The Future of Active Asset Management.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Seeing through the market forecasting flash
- The importance of “check box” methodology
- Simplification as sophistication
- The concept of nowcasting
- Understanding the whole, so you know what can be eliminated
- Learning to watch for trend reversals
“If investing is entertaining, if you’re having fun, you’re probably not making any money. Good investing is boring.” – George Soros
Mentions & Resources:
- Alexander Ineichen
- Absolute Returns by Alexander Ineichen
- Asymmetrical Returns by Alexander Ineichen
- George Soros
- Steve Ballmer
- Elaine Garzarelli
- Paul Krugman
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.