My guest today is Jason Williams, M.D., a highly trained psychiatrist and the son of legendary trader Larry Williams, explains how to assess and measure your innate personality traits and align them with your trading style for more profitable trading on a more consistent basis.
The topic is his book The Mental Edge in Trading : Adapt Your Personality Traits and Control Your Emotions to Make Smarter Investments.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Using your personality to your advantage
- Psychology of trading
- What is the NEO PI-R test?
- Why anxiety is important in trading
- Commonalities among traders
“The markets are very complex in understanding that nobody really understands how and why the markets move all the time.” – Dr. Jason Williams
Mentions & Resources:
- “The Mental Edge in Trading”
- Neo PIR test
- Ralph Vince
- Andrew Lo
- Daniel Kahneman
- Larry Williams
- Vernon Smith
- Foyer effect or Barnum effect
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.