Subscribe to Trend Following Radio on iTunes
Please enjoy my monologue Overcoming Bias with Michael Covel on Trend Following Radio. This episode may also include great outside guests from my archive.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- The use and misuse of statistics
- Using skepticism to your advantage
- The advantages of algorithmic trading
- Leda Braga on why ‘Black Box’ isn’t a fair term
- Daniel Dennett’s simplifications of algorithms and computing
- Trend following as simple agnostic rules that can easily be passed to a computer
- Efficient market theory failure during surprises
“You want to be a contrarian. You want to be on the other side of the coin. Don’t be with everyone. Stand to the side. That’s where the opportunity is…” – Michael Covel
Mentions & Resources:
- Bleep You, Frank! by Penn Jillette
- Leda Braga
- David Harding
- Intuition Pumps by Daniel Dennett
- Lasse Pedersen
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Want to learn more Trend Following? Watch my video here.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.