My guest today is Blair Hull. Hull founded Hull Investments, LLC in 1999 and currently serves as the firm’s Chairman. He created Hull Tactical Asset Allocation, LLC, a registered investment advisor, in 2013. HTAA operates an actively managed ETF and utilizes advanced algorithms as well as macro and technical indicators to anticipate future market returns. Prior to launching Hull Tactical Asset Allocation, LLC, he was the founder of Hull Trading Company and served as that firm’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
The topics are blackjack and stock trading.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- The importance of having a strategy and sticking to it
- Why money management and discipline are key to trading success
- Objectivity vs. emotions in blackjack and stock trading
- Choosing the right markers and variables
- Consumption as a function of income and wealth
- The future of market prediction and machine learning
“We get fearful at the wrong times, we get greedy at the wrong times, when we have to stick to a specific plan.” – Blair Hull
Mentions & Resources:
- Blair Hull’s investment firm
- Download Blair Hull’s whitepaper and daily report here
- New Market Wizards book
- Beat the Dealer book
- Mike Aponte Interview on Trend Following Radio
- Mike Aponte Post
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.
Have a question or comment about this episode? Post it below.