Please enjoy my monologue Simplicity Trumps Complexity with Michael Covel on Trend Following Radio. This episode may also include great outside guests from my archive.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- Why simple strategies are better than complex ones
- The importance of defining your risk as a number
- How risk and reward are two sides of the same coin
- Why going for the average is a losing strategy
- The difference between hiring a financial advisor and an trader
“Financially-engineered assets often fail to perform as their creators intended. Or they are ill-equipped to deal with unanticipated events.” – Ky Trand Ho (Forbes)
Mentions & Resources:
- Ben Carlson’s book, “A Wealth of Common Sense: Why Simplicity Trumps Complexity in Any Investment Plan”
- Forbes article, “What Jurassic World Can Teach Investors About The Stock Market”
- The Study of Metalheads and Happiness
- Alan Watts on Choice and Decisions
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Want to learn more Trend Following? Watch my video here.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.
Have a question or comment about this episode? Post it below.