My guest today is Mark Sleeman, the managing director and founder of M.S. Capital Management Limited (“MS”). Mark lives in Auckland, New Zealand and holds an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (1985) from Auckland university. With over 30 years of trading and research, Mark has extensive experience in trading system design and implementation. Mark is registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and is a member of the National Futures Association, as the principal and associated person of MS.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- The fallacy of “buy low, sell high”
- The psychology of trading
- Keeping your losses small
- The importance of maintaining a life
- Focusing on the strategy, not the instrument
- Understanding that patience has to be learned
“You’ve gotta be robust because you’re gonna see good markets and you’re gonna see bad markets. I’ve certainly seen both, and expect to see more of both.” – Mark Sleeman
Mentions & Resources:
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.