Howard Marks is a billionaire value investor with four decades of success. Although a value investor, his thought process mirrors trend following in many aspects. Michael plays an excerpt from Howard covering his thoughts on price, the lack of value in forecasting, efficient markets, surviving market randomness, and high yield bonds. Trend following and value investing may be two different worlds, however, there is a lot of overlap in how Howard trades and how trend followers trade.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- Price action
- Value investing
- How to think about investing
- Black swans
“You should not act as though the things that should happen will happen.” – Howard Marks
Mentions & Resources:
- Howard Marks
- “The Predators Ball” – Connie Bruck
- “Fooled by Randomness” – Nassim Taleb
- “A Short History of Financial Euphoria” – John Kenneth Galbraith
- “Winning The Losers Game” – Charles Ellis
- Michael Milken
Want a FREE Trend Following Video? Get it here.