Subscribe to Trend Following Radio on iTunes
My guest today is Ben Carlson, the Director of Institutional Asset Management at Ritholtz Wealth Management. He’s been managing institutional portfolios for my entire career. He started out with an institutional investment consulting firm developing portfolio strategies and creating investment plans for various foundations, endowments, pensions, hospitals, insurance companies and high net worth individuals. He was part of the portfolio management team for an investment office that managed a large endowment fund for a charitable organization.
The topic is his book A Wealth of Common Sense: Why Simplicity Trumps Complexity in Any Investment Plan.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- The purpose of a long only commodities investment
- Index funds
- Having a plan
- Risk and Reward
- Saying no
“You can’t invest in the market as you wish it would be, you have to invest in it as it is.” – Ben Carlson
Mentions & Resources:
- Ben Carlson
- A Wealth of Common Sense Blog
- A Wealth of Common Sense: Why Simplicity Trumps Complexity in Any Investment Plan Book
- Ritholtz Wealth Management
- Jerry Parker
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- Meir Statman
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.
Get the foundation to making money in up, down and *surprise markets on the Trend Following mailing list.