My guest today is Salem Abraham, the President of Abraham Trading Company with a 27-year track record. Salem graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame in December 1987 with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He began his investing career as a futures trader while still in college, using quantitative models to trade global futures markets beginning in 1987.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Living in Asia and Asian economics
- A market lesson Abraham first learned in 1987
- The recent action of the Swiss Franc
- Artificially priced markets and the analogy of a dam
- Crude Oil as a trend
- Speculation at the core of Abraham’s business and its effect on markets generally
- The effect of Abraham’s grandfather on his work
- The influences on Abraham’s thinking and business decisions
- Location independence
- The importance of a link to the outside world
- Avoiding disaster
- Being agnostic to the market
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.