My guest today is Nir Eyal, an educator, author, and entrepreneur who is all about connecting psychology, technology, and business.
The topic is his book Hooked: How To Build Habit Forming Products.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- How behavior and habits can be engineered, and how technology changes our behavior
- The moral implications of habit forming activities
- The difference between habits and addictions
- Breaking “the hook”
- The four areas that “the hook” goes through: trigger, action, variable reward, and investment
- The IKEA example and how value can be built
- Eyal’s mentors and influences
- The importance of social feedback from your community
- The WhatsApp deal, and how to deal with your “insane jealousy” of the messaging app deal
- Getting equal pay for equal work, and how that might be embedded in our DNA
- The importance of interface changes when it comes to revolutionary changes in technology
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.