My guest today is Howard Lindzon, a Canadian entrepreneur, author, financial analyst, technical analyst and angel investor. Lindzon manages a hedge fund, serves as managing partner of the holding company Social Leverage, limited partner at Knight’s Bridge Capital Partners, and is the co-founder of StockTwits. He’s also known for the satirical podcast Wallstrip.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- The commonalities between the angel investing world and trend following
- Diversification in private investments vs. stocks
- How Lindzon got the entrepreneurial “bug”
- Lindzon’s early career as a stockbroker
- The beginnings of Wallstrip
- Lindzon’s comedy influence
- How Wallstrip led to the next four years of Lindzon’s investments
- How Lindzon’s mistakes helped him grow as an investor
- Lindzon’s experience with fraud committed by a business partner
- Keeping your business drama-free
- The issue of distraction
- Lindzon on the birth of StockTwits
- The investment that changed Lindzon’s financial life in 2005
- The future of StockTwits as Lindzon sees it
- Social leverage
- The art of curation and verticalization
- Thinking of the financial web as a social bank account
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.