My guest today is Carl Richards, a Certified Financial Planner and creator of the Sketch Guy column, appearing weekly in The New York Times since 2010. Carl has also been featured on Marketplace Money, Oprah.com, and Forbes.com.
The topic is finance.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Richards’ new radio venture
- How Richards came to start The Behavior Gap
- Outliers, and living your own bell curve
- Risk on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- The definition of radical self-awareness
- Mindfulness and awareness as applied to our financial decisions
- Habit, action, feeling, and thought
- Simplicity and effectiveness
- Government intervention in the markets
- Quantitative easing
- Buy and hold in Japan
- Loss aversion and the pain of loss
- Feeling loss more than the joy of gain
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.