My guest today is Tom Asacker, often described as a creative force, albeit a wayward one. He is an artist, writer, inventor, and philosopher. He writes, teaches, and speaks about radically new practices and ideas for success in times of uncertainty and change.
The topic is his book I Am Keats: Escape Your Mind and Free Your Self.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Taking a leap of faith
- Traveling for the sake of traveling
- Hypocrisy on the Internet
- What are your “beliefs”
- Cognitive dissonance
- Being driven by inspiration vs. data
- Bring the engineers in after you have the design
“People in general already believe that they are better and smarter than average. It is a cognitive bias called illusionary superiority and the internet is making this bias even more extreme. It is supercharging peoples pre-conceptions and solidifying their false assumptions.” – Tom Asacker
“I want life to be like an Easter egg hunt.” – Michael Covel
“You can’t create from data, you create from the soul.” – Tom Asacker
Mentions & Resources:
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.