My guest today is Larry Swedroe, a Buckingham Asset Management principal. He is also a principal and co-founder of BAM Advisor Services, LLC, and serves as the director of research for both entities. Swedroe has authored or co-authored fourteen books and comes at investing from an evidence-based approach.
The topic is outside the box market perspectives.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Forecasters and prediction
- The three types of forecasters
- Confirmation bias
- How your political affiliation might change your willingness to listen to forecasts
- Value perspective vs. momentum perspective
- The anomaly of momentum
- The evidence-based thinking approach
- Momentum trading in 2008
- How Swedroe prepares for the unexpected
- Not treating the unlikely like it’s impossible
- Managing your risk
- Process vs. outcome
- The equity risk premium and bear markets
- Commonplace crises
- Planning ahead
- Diversification attempts to get outside of equities
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.