My guest today is David Stockman, a former United States congressman. His books include, “The Great Deformation”, and “Trumped: A Nation on the Brink of Ruin… And How to Bring it Back”. He is the ultimate Washington insider turned iconoclast. He began his career in Washington as a young man and quickly rose through the ranks of the Republican Party to become the Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan. After leaving the White House, Stockman had a 20-year career on Wall Street.
The topics are his books Trumped! A Nation on the Brink of Ruin … and How to Bring It Back and The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Glass Steagall
- Clinton and Trump campaigns
- Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders supporters
- Deutsche Bank
- European banking system
- Sub-zero interest rates
- Chinese economy
- 2016 Election as a turning point in America
“[Economists] are making it up by the day, as they go along. This stuff is really stupid and it is getting crazier by the day.” – David Stockman
Mentions & Resources:
- David Stockman
- David Stockman’s Contra Corner
- The Great Deformation
- Trumped: A Nation on the Brink of Ruin… And How to Bring it Back
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.