My guest today is Jim Rogers, an American businessman, investor and author currently based in Singapore. He is the Chairman of Rogers Holdings and Beeland Interests, Inc. He was the co-founder of the Quantum Fund and creator of the Rogers International Commodities Index (RICI). Rogers does not consider himself a member of any school of economic thought, but has acknowledged that his views best fit the label of Austrian School of economics.
The topic is investment.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Why it shows that the kind of people that travel are the kind of people you want in your country
- Infrastructure in China
- Stereotypes of various countries in Asia
- China’s military
- Current Fed policy in America
- What “can-do” spirit can do in a state of decline
- Why the next crisis might be worse than the last
- The importance of language skills
- Participating in big long-term bets with regard to countries
- Why, if he could, Rogers would put all of his money into North Korea
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.