My guest today is Brett Steenbarger, a Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- What a “flow state” is, and why it’s important
- How Steenbarger has seen flow connect to the trading world, and the importance of matching your level of difficulty and challenge
- Risk and risk tolerance
- The logical and psychological sides to risk
- “What have you done for me lately” attitude for investors
- Why we don’t grow if we stay within our comfort zones
- Process vs. outcome
- The psychological burden of certain fee structures
- Some of the common characteristics of successful traders
- Slow thinking, deep thinking, and fast thinking
- Where we’re headed regarding prescription drugs related to the mind
- Trend trading vs. mean reversion
- Trend following vs. momentum trading
- How people actually behave vs. how they describe their behavior
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.