Trend Following™ System: Flagship
Trend Following™ System: Flagship
Designed for curious minds:
• 3 Months Custom Email Coaching
• Core Systems Trading Module
• Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Module
• LEAPs Options Module
• Single Stock Futures Module
• Money Management Module + more
Scroll down for all features
“Here’s the trick: take a simple idea and take it seriously. Then go 1000%.”
“The way I see it, you have two choices–you can do what I did and work for 30-plus years, cobbling together scraps of information, seeking to create a money-making strategy, or you can spend a few days reading Covel’s book [Trend Following] and skip that three-decade learning curve.”
–Larry Hite Trend Following Legend
Trend Following™ Flagship Product Description
Trend Following™ Professional, Flagship and Standard are for:
- Lifelong learners of any age.
- Brand new investors and traders.
- Professionals and institutional investors.
- Buy and holders.
- Equities, FX (Forex), ETFs, commodities, LEAPs and futures traders.
- Fund managers and RIAs.
- Technical traders and chartists.
- College students.
- Retirees nailed by ZIRP and QE central bank policies.
- Anyone seeking above average profits in up, down or surprise markets.
Essential trend following truths:
- No one can predict the future.
- If you can take the would-be, could-be, should-be out of markets and look at what is actually happening you have a big advantage.
- What matters most can be measured, so always count.
- You don’t need to know when something will happen to know that it will happen.
- Prices can only go up, down or sideways.
- Losses are a part of life.
- There is only now… so follow the trend.
Trend Following™ Professional, Flagship and Standard are step-by-step solutions for all markets, answering the critical market questions you must know at all times:
- Portfolio: What market do you buy or sell?
- Bet Sizing: How much of a market do you trade?
- Entry: When do you buy or sell a market?
- Exit: When do you exit a losing trade?
- Exit: When do you exit a winning trade?
- What is the state of the market?
- What is the volatility of the market?
- What is your equity being traded?
- What is your trading orientation?
- What is your risk aversion?
Trend Following™ is mental sport, yet it is sport that can be learned, i.e. the TurtleTraders. You do not need to be a math genius to be a Trend Following™ trader. Good trading rules are not complicated. A famed trend follower on his simplicity (40+ year track record):
“I’m very uncomfortable with black box trading where I’m dealing with algorithms I don’t understand. Everything we do we could do on the back of an envelope with a pencil.”
That’s the way to think.
The path to excellence is simple, but not easy. Anyone can win with trend following trading, but positive struggle is required.
That’s trend following thinking.
Consider some winning trend following charts over 2022:
More historical charts.
Markets You Can Trade
Trend Following™ Professional, Flagship and Standard can be used for all markets and instruments across all countries:
- Stocks: S&P, SSE Comp., Nikkei 225, DAX, AAPL, TSLA, FB, etc.
- Bonds / Interest Rates: Eurodollar, 10-Year T-Note, Bund, etc.
- Currencies / FX / Forex: USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, AUD, CHF, CNY, etc.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.
- Metals: Gold, Silver, Copper, etc.
- Energies: Oil, Natural Gas, etc.
- Agriculturals: Wheat, Corn, Soybeans, etc.
- Softs: Coffee, Sugar, Cotton, etc.
- Meats: Lean Hogs, Feeder Cattle, etc.
- LEAPS Options.
- Mutual Funds.
“How can I trade those markets? I know nothing about them!”
Fair point. It does not matter if you’re trading stocks or soybeans. Trading is trading, and the name of the game is to make money, not get an A in “How to Read a Balance Sheet.” It’s not about predicting when the S&P might crash or Tesla’s 3rd quarter sales numbers. Instead of trying to evaluate fundamentals that never end, trend following trades the market prices themselves. You are now an expert in all markets. Look, big money making starts with trends, or waves. Anyone who makes significant money rides waves.
And guess what? No one can predict the next big one. The only certainty is that when the big wave comes, trend followers will surf the new beaches. That simple-sounding ideology is instrumental for financial flexibility, as trend followers trade that same philosophy in all markets. You can storm into any moving market, be it an obscure currency or a stock in wild emerging markets. Trend following is agnostic to both the market and direction. It is a James Bond 007 license to pursue whatever market is flowing up or down.
You Will Learn Exact Rules
Trend Following™ Professional, Flagship and Standard answer these questions with mathematical precision:
- When do you enter and exit at all times?
- Where do you place stops for every position?
- How do you automate your trading?
- When do you adjust stops?
- When do you take a loss to avoid a larger loss?
- How do you balance longs and shorts?
- How do you adjust trades for new profits?
- How do you account for volatility?
- How do you adjust on winning/losing streaks?
- How do you adjust risk as an account grows?
- How do you protect against downside moves?
- How do you adjust your positions for volatility?
- What is the psychological component?
- How do you choose a portfolio?
Trend Following™ systems have been reverse engineered to answer these questions:
- How do you exactly trade with the trend?
- How do you model the great traders?
- How do you manage risk with a written plan?
- How do you use a checklist in your trading?
- How do you trade off of today’s price only?
- How do you avoid buying declining markets?
- How do you stay out of the market?
- How do you plan to exit before you enter?
- How do you plan for a worst-case scenario?
- How do you identify a portfolio and rank them?
- How do you trade with a small account?
- How much do you trade every time?
- When do you increase your position?
- How much do you risk at all times?
- How do you evaluate total market risk?
- How do you diversify your account?
- How do you avoid correlation among markets?
You will know every step to take, every price level to follow, every setup to execute and have every needed risk management tool to keep you in the game while positioning you for the big gain.
Professional, Flagship and Standard Contents
The product arrives in digital format:
- Online password protected platform with all written modules and audio.
- Vimeo training videos.
- Personalized coaching via email.
|Professional v. Flagship v. Standard||$4997||$2997||$1997|
|Trend Following™ Custom Email Coaching||12 months||3 months||–|
|Trend Following™ Core Systems Trading Module||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Module||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ LEAPs Options Module||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Single Stock Futures Module||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Money Management Module||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Case Study Module||Yes||Yes||–|
|(3) Additional Trend Following™ Trading Systems||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Alternate Entries Module||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Video One||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Video Two||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Video Three||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Video Four||Yes||Yes||–|
|Trend Following™ Trading Coach Video: Video Five||Yes||–||–|
|The Trend Following™ Library (Email)||Yes||–||–|
Trend Following™ Systems:
You will receive proprietary Trend Following™ trading systems:
- Classic Trend Following System I.
- Classic Trend Following System II.
- Classic Trend Following System III.
- The Weekly Trend Following System.
- Risk management for all systems is adjustable to your risk tolerance.
Trend Following™ Training Materials:
- Trend Following™ MP3s (The Basics).
- Trend Following™ Q&A (44 pages).
- Market basics for introduction, orders, speculation, nomenclature, etc. (300 Q/A).
Trend Following™ Coaching:
95% of coaching emails are answered within 24-48 hours. All clients have coaching access for 12-18 months. Like with your CPA or attorney–you get your needed answers. This is built into our pricing. No extra coaching fees. You can learn Trend Following™ anywhere: office, home or on the road.
You will always know:
- What is the opportunity in the market niche?
- What is your solution to beating the market?
- How big is the opportunity?
- How do you make money?
- How do you trade the market and profit?
- What is the competition?
- How are you better?
- How will you execute and manage?
- What are your risks?
- Why will you succeed?
Forget everything you think you know, and learn how trend following actually works. More trend following benefits.
Trend Following™ Library:
The Trend Following™ Library provides further Trend Following™ lessons and systems. (Professional Only)
“I spent over a decade assembling and curating trend following research. You save those years and get to the big money opportunity faster. That’s a great deal. Win, win.”
Endorsements and Success Stories
“The way I see it, you have two choices–you can do what I did and work for 30-plus years, cobbling together scraps of information, seeking to create a money-making strategy, or you can spend a few days reading Covel’s book and skip that three-decade learning curve.” –Larry Hite, hedge fund manager who achieved a compounded annual rate of return greater than 30%
“We have made Trend Following required reading for all of our employees. Michael is a great asset and a respected member of the trend following community.” –Tim Pickering Founder and CIO, Auspice Capital Advisors
“I have to thank Mike for his in-depth research on this subject and a proven way for traders to make money – simply by following the trends. Mike’s trading system course has made positive contributions to my success in trading and managing my clients’ money.” –Brendon W. in Chicago.
“Michael, I credit your two books as being essential to my transformation into a consistent, winning trader.” –Andrew A. in St. Petersburg, FL.
“Trend Following” has changed my life, not only with trading, but also the way I view the world and live my life. If there is anyone who thinks trend following doesn’t work, please give them my information to contact me. I am a living, breathing example that it does.” –Todd M. in New Jersey
“What really convinced me to follow this path is I recently met a trader that has been successfully trend trading for over five years using your methods. Thank you for making me aware of the ultimate retirement plan.” –Mitch C. in California
“Out of all the trainers, lecturers and “gurus” I believe that none are better than Michael Covel in making complicated concepts clear and understandable. I consider Mike to be the “Best of the Best”. Mike truly cares about his students and wants us to succeed.” –Barry N. in California.
“Years ago, famed Chicago bond trader Tom Baldwin put trading in a phrase: ‘Everybody wants the money, but whose willing to do the work?’ I know a few. One of them is Michael Covel. Michael did the yeoman’s duty no one else would do: bringing together the principles, practices and track records of trend following. In his now numerous books, courses and programs, he solidly demonstrates trend following is a viable trading and investment strategy; moreover, one that can be learned and mastered.” –Charles Faulkner, Market Wizard Trading Coach
“I spent my professional career in the [trading] industry until my retirement in 2001. Through the years I have been asked many times for advice about how to attempt to be a successful trader. My answer: read and apply Covel.” –Jack Z. in New York.
“Michael Covel is a rare breed. He is the only author I have come across who really understands how traders can make money, regularly and consistently over a long period of time. Unfortunately, the financial world has been hijacked by crooks, charlatans, bankers and investment advisers hoodwinking the general public into believing that buying and holding a financial asset over a long period of time is the right strategy. Michael Covel shines a light in this world and is indeed a rare breed. I cannot recommend his work enough.” –Jad T., a trader in Chicago
“Mike Covel is not just a cheerleader for trend-following, he is the Head Coach. He understands the game, the strategy and crucially the psyche of the players. Would-be winners will ensure that they study Mike’s teachings and books before stepping onto the playing field. His books ARE required reading here for all our traders, marketers and interns.” –Christopher C, Chief Executive Officer at Insch Capital Management.
“Never mind how much money these teachings have made me. Their biggest benefit so far has been how much they have SAVED me. Trend following helped me sail through the Global financial crisis relatively unscathed. Mike truly has access to some of the greatest trend following minds around, no mean feat given the majority of these players shun the public eye. I have find his guidance from afar extremely helpful.” –Darren R. in Australia.
“I started trading roughly 10 years ago as a typical discretionary trader. I eventually realized my emotions were too strong and I lived in fear, glued to the screen watching every tick of market data. I hated it, but I felt like I had to do it. I spent hours researching stocks for the fundamentals, etc. As a software engineer and private pilot, I knew there had to be a better way. 100% systematic trading has helped me get my life back.” –Michael H.
“I decided to contact Mike and work with him one on one. This experience has put me in a new league and really helped me focus on my weak areas which were risk management and portfolio selection. I would recommend any trader who is not where they want to be to start with Mike.” –Steve Burns
Trend Following Home Runs
The Babe Ruth parallel:
“What is striking is that the leading thinkers across varied fields — including horse betting, casino gambling, and investing — all emphasize the same point. We call it the Babe Ruth effect: even though Ruth struck out a lot, he was one of baseball’s greatest hitters.”
His home runs paid for the strikeouts, but people don’t get that as one Silicon Valley venture capitalist notes:
“The Babe Ruth effect is hard to internalize because people are generally predisposed to avoid losses. Behavioral economists have famously demonstrated that people feel a lot worse about losses of a given size than they feel good about gains of the same size. Losing money feels bad, even if it is part of an investment strategy that succeeds in aggregate.”
You can’t have trend following grand slams without a fair share of trend following strikeouts. Accept that principle and you are on your way to understanding how 20x, 50x, etc. can be made on your money.
Trend Following™ can’t promise you will earn the returns of traders, charts or examples (real or hypothetical) stated. All past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results. Data presented is for educational purposes. Trend Following™ products are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as personalized investment advice. All data on this site is direct from the CFTC, SEC, Yahoo Finance, Google and disclosure documents by managers mentioned herein. Trend Following™ assumes all data to be accurate, but assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or clerical errors made by sources. Our testimonials are the words of real customers received in real correspondence that have not been paid for their testimonials. Testimonials are sometimes printed under aliases to protect privacy, and edited for length. Claims have not been independently verified or audited for accuracy. We do not know how much money was risked, what portion of their total portfolio was allocated, or their exact positions. We do not claim that the results experienced by such customers are typical and you will likely have different results. Trend Following™ is not registered as a securities broker-dealer or an investment adviser. This information is not designed to be used as an invitation for investment with any adviser profiled. No information herein is intended as securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any company, security or fund. Further, Trend Following™ cannot and does not assess, verify or guarantee the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of any information, the suitability or profitability of any particular investment, or the potential value of any investment or informational source. The reader bears responsibility for his/her own investment research and decisions, should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment, and investigate and fully understand any and all risks before investing. Additionally, Trend Following™ in no way warrants the solvency, financial condition, or investment advisability of any security or instrument. In addition, Trend Following™ accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this information. This information is not intended to be used as a basis of any investment decision, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the investment needs of any particular investor. HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.