My guest today is Marsten Parker, a self-taught programmer and trader with 13 years of software industry experience and two decades plus in trading. For the past 20 years, Marsten excelled as an independent systematic securities trader, utilizing his expertise to develop innovative trading-related software. He was featured in Jack Schwager’s Unknown Market Wizards.
The topic is systematic trading.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Discretionary vs. systematic trading
- Different trading strategies
- The career and strategies of Jim Simons
- Trading software and tools
- Misconceptions about short-term trading
- Philosophy of trading
- Life choices and entrepreneurship
Mentions & Resources:
- Marsten Parker
- Unknown Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- Richard Dennis
- Jim Simons
- Greg Zuckerman
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.