My guest today is Larry Hite, a hedge fund manager, who, along with those like Ed Seykota, is one of the forefathers of system trading. He has been profiled and recognized as one of the best in the industry in numerous major international publications. He co-founded Mint Investments in 1981. By 1990, Mint had become the largest Commodity Trading Advisor in the world in terms of assets under management. In 1990, Jack Schwager dedicated a chapter of his bestselling book, Market Wizards to Hite’s trading and risk management philosophy.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- “Don’t bet your deli to win a pickle.”
- Crypto and trend following
- The asymmetric option of David Ricardo’s golden rules
- Buy, sell, and bet the correct way
- A system where you cut your losses and let your winners run on
- The historic trend following performance of 2022
- Larry’s dyslexia
Mentions & Resources:
- Larry Hite
- Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- David Ricardo
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud
- Warren Buffett
- Goldman Sachs
- Paul Tudor Jones
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.