Every year, managers at companies large and small are finding it harder to compete with the likes of Google and Amazon, who are muscling into their businesses, stealing their customers, and cornering every conceivable market and service. There is, however, a way for companies to survive―and win―in this era of digital behemoths. Choose Your Customer is a powerful, customer-targeted guide that can help managers level the playing field against their biggest competitors.
Jonathan Byrnes, the legendary MIT-based expert on profits, pricing, and strategy, shows you how to:
- Identify the customers who are the most profitable―and focus on them
- Provide services and experiences that can’t be replicated by the tech giants, no matter how much data they have or how much automation they use
- Support your chosen customers’ diverse and rapidly evolving needs to accelerate profitability and growth
- Focus on your real profit core and build dominance in your specific target market
These customer-focused strategies will enable you to build a uniquely targeted business that the digital giants just can’t match. From unbeatable customer service to superior pricing and product selection, Jonathan provides detailed and actionable advice on how to compete successfully with the aggressive giants, grow your customer base, and increase your profits for lasting success.
Bio: Jonathan Byrnes is founding partner and chairman of Profit Isle, a highly successful MIT spin-off SaaS software company that helps organizations increase profits by 10–30 percent using its profitability analytics and management process. He has been a Senior Lecturer at MIT for 30 years.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- Choosing Your Customers
- Amazon Healthcare
- Medicine at Home
- Working with Telecommunications and Airlines
- Positioning Your Company
- Amazon and Retail Industries
- The Secret to Always Winning
Mentions & Resources:
- Jonathan Byrnes
- Choose Your Customer: How to Compete Against the Digital Giants and Thrive
- George W. Bush