My guest today is Gregory Aldrete, a professor of history and humanistic studies at the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay, where he has been teaching since 1995. His emphasis is on rhetoric and oratory, floods in Rome, ancient Greek and Roman history, and daily life in the Roman world. What was life like in ancient Roman times? How did people do things in the ancient Roman Empire? These questions are what fascinates Gregory and keeps him moving forward in his research.
The topic is his book History’s Great Military Blunders and the Lessons They Teach.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Butterfly effect
- Overconfidence in leadership
- Napoleon’s biggest blunder
- Battle of the Little Big Horn
- Technology and understanding its potential
Mentions & Resources:
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.