My guest today is Bryan Caplan, an economist and professor of economics at George Mason University, research fellow at the Mercatus Center, adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute, and blogger for EconLog. Bryan has written several books–his newest being “The Case against Education: Why the Education System Is a Waste of Time and Money.” His main goal for the book is for people to forget education propaganda, look at what is right in front of them and examine what they have learned first hand.
The topic is his book The Case against Education: Why the Education System Is a Waste of Time and Money.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Affirmative action
- Equality without losing quality
- College vs. no college
- Problem solving vs. memorization
- Inert learning
- Integrating more play in schools
Mentions & Resources:
- Bryan Caplan
- The Case against Education: Why the Education System Is a Waste of Time and Money
- Howard Gardner
- Peter Gray
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.