My guest today is Jason Fried, the co-founder and President of 37signals, a privately-held Chicago-based company committed to building the best web-based tools possible with the least number of features necessary.
The topic is his book Rework.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- The first dollar Fried made online and other formative experiences
- Keeping business simple
- Making something more valuable than the dollars people give you
- The intimacy of exchanging money
- The idea of doing less than your competitors to beat them
- Building an audience
- The “real world”
- Why an MBA program might not teach you much about entrepreneurism
- Corporate structure
- Focusing on what will not change
- Zen and the moment of right now
- Not focusing too far into the future
- Fried’s experience with Jeff Bezos
- Idea of improvisation or “winging it” in business
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.