My guests today are Larry Hite and Alex Greyserman.
Hite is a hedge fund manager and is one of the forefathers of system trading. He was famously featured in the Market Wizards book. A few years ago he started ISAM with Stanley Fink. Greyserman has 25 years of experience in the CTA industry, and was originally hired by Larry Hite at Mint.
Greyserman is Chief Scientist at ISAM (PhD in Statistics). He is also a professor at Columbia University.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Singapore, and Covel’s recent excursions in Asia
- How the game has stayed the same despite zero interest rate policy
- What people are missing when they say “trend following is dead”
- How you’ll never get perfection
- Their 800 year study, the premise, and what was found out
- Measuring human nature
- The difference between divergent and convergent strategies
- Risk management
- Having “perfect” knowledge
- Using long trends and getting whipsawed in shorter trends
- The asset class of trend following compared to the NASDAQ buy and hold, etc.
- What’s changed about human nature through all the booms and busts
- Insurance, hedging your risk, and the risk transference process
- Asymmetrical leverage
- Adjusting to new environments
- How those that survive are the most adaptable to the environment
- How trend following automatically adjusts to what’s happening
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.