My guest today is Todd Miller, a trader who runs a systematic trend following firm, Availeth Capital, with partner Jim Byers. Availeth is a small fund which was started in February 2011, and Covel relates Miller’s start to his chapter in ‘The Little Book of Trading’ on trader David Druz.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- How Miller got his start working at Fidelity, and how observing the annual returns of one of Fidelity’s biggest mutual funds after the tech bubble burst led him to adopting a trend following mindset
- The path he took that eventually led him to starting Availeth Capital
- Importance of in-person interaction
- The issue of survivorship bias
- How trend following is the only strategy that can take advantage of the uncertainty that is coming
- How some trend following traders have followed other passions once they’ve made their billions
- Covel also discusses his upcoming 10,000 (!) page book, Trend Following Analytics.
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.