My guest today is Jack Schwager, an American trader and author. He is the author of the Market Wizard series. His books have remained relevant over the past 25 years, and for many traders they are the best trading books on the shelves today.
The topic is his book Hedge Fund Market Wizards.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Some of the commonalities between the many traders Schwager has interviewed, and the lessons that can be gleaned from their diverse approaches
- Schwager’s new book opens with a quote regarding the importance of even-mindedness from rock climber Alex Honnold
- How topics seemingly unrelated to trading can contain relevant lessons
- Many of the other traders profiled in Hedge Fund Market Wizards are discussed, including Ed Thorp, Steve Clark, Jaffray Woodriff, and Ray Dalio.
- Schwager’s big takeaways from his interviews have been, and the lessons he’s learned from talking to some of the most successful traders in the game
- How markets behave differently in different environments
- The importance of asymmetric positive skew trades
- How diversification is the “only free lunch on wall street”
- How Schwager defines risk
- The “gain to pain” ratio
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.