Nancy Upton and Don Sexton, professors at Baylor University who have long studied entrepreneurs, pinpointed traits possessed by Parker and other entrepreneurs:
1. Nonconformists: lower need to conform indicating self-reliance.
2. Emotionally aloof: not necessarily cold to others, but can be oblivious.
3. Sky divers: lower concern for physical harm, but does change with age.
4. Risk takers: more comfortable taking it.
5. Socially adroit: more persuasive.
6. Autonomous: higher need for independence.
7. Change seekers: like novel approaches. This is different than 99% of all other people.
8. Energetic: higher need and / or ability to work longer.
9. Self-sufficient: don’t need as much sympathy or reassurance, but they still need to form networks so self-sufficiency need not be taken to extremes.
Same for trading. Big reasons why some Turtles did not make it.