Value investor Vitaliy Katsenelson loves his Tesla Model 3, but does he love the stock? In this analysis, Vitaliy takes a thorough look at the effect of EVs on the auto industry, Tesla’s role in it, the man behind it all, and tries to answer the question of whether this is a stock a value investor should invest in.
- Why EVs are not just a new type of car, but a paradigm shift for the industry
- How Elon’s dreams finance Tesla’s growth, but the company’s future success might not be in his hands
- Why the survival of ICE auto makers may not be as certain as it seems
- Tesla’s Autopilot: Elon’s wishful thinking of Tesla’s greatest advantage?
- How EV range anxiety will give way to a new gold rush
- Bulls vs bears on Tesla: who has it right?
Bio: A respected value investor, Vitaliy was dubbed “The New Benjamin Graham” by Forbes. He shares his often contrarian views on investing in Barron’s, Financial Times, Forbes, Christian Science Monitor and other premier financial publications. He has published “The Little Book of Sideways Markets” and “Active Value Investing.”
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- Auto Industry
- Jay Leno’s Garage
- Auto Stocks
- Tesla and Elon Musk
- Electric Car
- Artificial Intelligence
Mentions & Resources:
- Vitaliy Katsenelson
- Tesla, Elon Musk and the EV Revolution: An in-depth analysis of what’s in store for the company, the man, and the industry by a value investor and newly-minted Tesla owner
- Elon Musk
- Warren Buffet