My guest today is Paul Tough, a Canadian-American writer and broadcaster. As a teenager, he was co-host of Anybody Home, a weekly youth-oriented programme broadcast nationally on CBC Radio. Tough first moved to the United States in 1988 and worked for Harper’s Magazine and then returned to radio becoming senior editor of This American Life in the mid-1990s before moving back to Canada to serve as editor of Saturday Night in 1998. He has written extensively about education, poverty and politics.
The topic is his book Helping Children Succeed: What Works and Why.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Early childhood development
- Creating the right environment for children
- Childhood poverty
- Serve and return parenting
- Teaching grit and curiosity
- The accountability movement
- What motivates us?
- Education as a national problem
Mentions & Resources:
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.