My guest today is Victor Ricciardi, an Assistant Professor of Financial Management at Goucher College. Professor Ricciardi is a leading expert on the academic literature and emerging research issues in behavioral finance. He is the editor of several eJournals distributed by the Social Science Research Network (SSRN). Ricciardi is also the co-editor of the book Investor Behavior: The Psychology of Financial Planning and Investing.
The topic is behavioral finance.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Risk perception vs. risk tolerance
- The affect and the anchoring heuristic
- Behavioral finance vs. behavioral economics
- Looking at behavioral finance in the context of specific strategies
- Behavioral economics in the context of asset bubbles and the popping of asset bubbles
- Why economic growth does not increase happiness; mindfulness as an assist in the notion of good decision-making; the notion of animal spirits
- Behavioral school vs. the classical school in academia
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.