My guest today is Anthony Todd, the CEO of Aspect Capital, one of the most successful managed futures trend following firms. Todd co-founded Aspect in September 1997. Before that, he was with AHL.
The topic is Trend Following.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Why prices aren’t random
- Finding an inefficiency that the academic financial community refuses to acknowledge
- The idea of “predictable” patterns in the market
- The desire to know static positions
- How crowd behavior drives trends
- Addressing misconceptions
- Using fundamentals in a systematic way
- Defining Todd’s medium-term style of trend following
- Why “it’s less about the genius of the trade and more about the repeatability of the approach”
- How long you can be in a particular market before you give up on it
- Client understanding of trend following drawdowns
- The phraseology of “crisis alpha”
- The culture that Todd has built at Aspect
- Todd’s advice to young entrepreneurs.
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.