My guest today is Kristin Surak, an Associate Professor of Political Sociology at the London School Of Economics. Her research on elite mobility, international migration, nationalism, and politics has been translated into a half-dozen languages. She has held several internationally recognized positions, including Richard B. Fischer Member of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, Fung Global Fellow at Princeton University, Sainsbury Fellow at the Sainsbury Institute for Japanese Arts and Cultures.
The topic is her book The Golden Passport: Global Mobility for Millionaires.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Golden passport programs
- Citizenship by investment
- Mobility vs. Immigration
- Complexities of citizenship acquisition
- Legal immigration and the concept of “buying” your way in
- Common ways of illegal migration
Mentions & Resources:
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.