My guest today is Chris Palmer. He has been involved in psychiatric research for over 23 years, has served as a research physician in the Behavioral Psychopharmacology Research Laboratory and the Sleep Research Laboratory, and has published case studies, pilot clinical trials, and is actively conducting research in this area. He has been pioneering the use of the ketogenic diet and its applications in psychiatry. He is also working with researchers from around the world to further explore this treatment in clinical populations as well as pursuing more basic science research.
The topic is his book Brain Energy: A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Understanding Mental Health and Improving Treatment for Anxiety, Depression, OCD, PTSD, and More.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- Schizophrenia v. Depression
- Ketogenic diet as an intervention for type 2 diabetes
Mentions & Resources:
- Chris Palmer
- Brain Energy: A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Understanding Mental Health and Improving Treatment for Anxiety, Depression, OCD, PTSD, and More
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.