My guest today is Toby Ord, a philosopher at Oxford University, working on the big picture questions facing humanity. His current research is on risks that threaten human extinction or the permanent collapse of civilization, and on how to safeguard humanity through these dangers, which he considers to be among the most pressing and neglected issues we face. He has advised the World Health Organization, the World Bank, the World Economic Forum, the US National Intelligence Council, and the UK Prime Minister’s Office.
The topic is his book The Precipice: Existential Risk and the Future of Humanity.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Existential Risk Definition
- Nuclear War
- Climate Change and Global Population
- We Are In This Together
- How Long Will The Earth Remain Habitable?
- Modern Technology
- Different Types of Risks
- Existential Risk From Artificial Intelligence
- Unaligned AI
- The Future of Humanity
Mentions & Resources:
- Toby Ord
- The Precipice: Existential Risk and the Future of Humanity
- Climate Change
- Nuclear Weapon
- Artificial Intelligence
- COVID-19 Pandemic
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.