First of all, congratulations on your books, they are very inspiring. As for your question, the biggest challenge has been to identify assets that develop a trend in order to take advantage of movements of long duration and intensity. I managed to build a strategy with Heiken Ashi on the EURUSD that started to pay off before Covid-19 (2019), but I got back to the same point where I started 6 months later. I have been doing operations in currencies, indices and oil for 7 years without fruit so far. I use CFDs instead of futures, I have a very small account. I recently began to review shares of beverage and biotechnology companies and I would like to have an approach that allows me to identify the sectors that are going to be developed in the future.
Thank you very much for your attention. Greetings from Colombia.
Thanks for the nice words. I might sound like a broken record, but trend following is this:
• Exact rules for selecting your tracking portfolio.
• Exact rules for entering your trades at the right time.
• Exact rules for exiting your trades with a loss.
• Exact rules for exiting your trades with a profit.
• Exact rules for how much money to bet on each trade.
Think about how different that is than what you want.