Author Nir Eyal joins Michael for his second appearance on the show. And today it’s all about distraction.
For example. You sit down at your desk to work on an important project, but a notification on your phone interrupts your morning. Later, as you’re about to get back to work, a colleague taps you on the shoulder to chat. At home, screens get in the way of quality time with your family. Another day goes by, and once again, your most important personal and professional goals are put on hold.
What would be possible if you followed through on your best intentions? What could you accomplish if you could stay focused? What if you had the power to become “indistractable?”
Eyal reveals the hidden psychology driving us to distraction. He describes why solving the problem is not as simple as swearing off our devices: Abstinence is impractical and often makes us want more.
Eyal overturns conventional wisdom and reveals:
• Why distraction at work is a symptom of a dysfunctional company culture—and how to fix it.
• What really drives human behavior and why “time management is pain management.”
• Why your relationships (and your sex life) depend on you becoming indistractable.
• How to raise indistractable children in an increasingly distracting world.
Empowering and optimistic, Indistractable provides practical, novel techniques to control your time and attention—helping you live the life you really want.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio:
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life