Objective • Perspective • Unbiased • Independent • Aspirational • Lifestyle
$2997.00 | FAQs | Special Offers |
Michael Covel’s specialty investment research encompasses trend following systems, black swan protection, risk management, portfolio selection and trader psychology insights tied together with training and support all designed to give investors and traders the chance to earn above average returns. It is an alternative financial service for new traders to experienced professionals in all countries delivered from a uniquely honest and objective vantage.
Trend Following™ Premium Flagship:
EXPERTISE: Michael Covel’s quantitative investment and behavioral economics research can be seen across books, a documentary film and an internationally known podcast with over 1.6M listens. Michael has invested over 1M building his investment research firm Trend Following™. The firm’s foundation is centered on capturing profit opportunities grounded in a deep understanding of human behavior. His clients receive world class trading systems and education built around proprietary trend trading rules, psychology and philosophy. His investment research clients span 70+ countries.
PERFORMANCE: For more than 5 decades trend following traders have captured global opportunities delivering massive profit outcomes. Michael’s clients receive an objective strategic plan with exact rules to immediately and dramatically capture those outcomes. Trend following is also for those seeking to not trade as trend following traders, but rather use Michael’s systems to hedge their traditional portfolios*.
EVERYONE: Michael’s service is for brand new to pro traders. It is for traders who trade global markets and for those that trade only their home country markets. It is for retirement, speculative accounts, Registered Investment Advisors, fund managers and college students. This is the true location independent, desert island trading strategy.
CLIMATES: The investment objective of Michael’s trading programs is to extract profits from up, down and black swan markets (rare or surprise events), resulting in an above average return stream. Michael’s programs can be applied to long only and long/short portfolios and all programs are quantitative and 100% systematic. One of trend following’s benefits is that it acts as an inverse Warren Buffett, an investment strategy that finds value in rare and often disastrous phenomena. It is the only proven strategy for all investing climates.
MARKETS: Michael’s systems are for stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies (FX), energies, agriculturals, metals and softs. Can you trade stocks only, for example? Yes.
INSTRUMENTS: Systems are for equity ETFs, LEAPS options and or futures.
PROCESS: You will focus only on daily trading activities relevant to above average results. That means no fundamentals, no economic reports and no news. Unnecessary complexity is eliminated. This is trading where the checklist, the process, is central to the great outcome.
TESTIMONIALS: Review Michael’s teaching track record with extensive social proof. There are, however, also critics. If Michael’s work made the manipulative Federal Reserve, CNBC, Wall Street and EMH academia happy–he would not be following his truth telling mandate.
SPECIFICS: Michael’s service is an overall trend trader education with exact trend following systems that can be applied immediately to your investment account. That means you will receive:
- Exact rules for selecting your tracking portfolio.
- Exact rules for entering your trades at the right time.
- Exact rules for exiting your trades with a loss at the right time.
- Exact rules for exiting your trades with a profit at the right time.
- Exact rules for how much money to bet on each trade based on your unique situation.
EVOLUTION: Michael’s Trend Following™ services have evolved significantly since inception. The original focus from 1997-2003 was assisting clients with only Turtle trading. Over the last decade, however, services have grown to include a much wider expertise in trend following trading. The current Trend Following™ Premium Flagship edition is Michael’s most comprehensive solution yet.
VERSIONS: There are two versions of training. Why the difference? Flagship gets you there faster. Below you can see a comparison chart of benefits and features.
Trend Following™ Premium Flagship Product Materials & Versions
- Multiple trend following trading systems with adjustable risk.
- (18) Months personalized email support for answers to your unique questions.
- (1) Research CD containing 50+ of Michael Covel’s hidden instructional gems.
- (5) One of a kind mentoring DVDs from legendary traders: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- (3) Trend following trading systems manuals.
|Custom Client Support (Months)||18||12|
|Main Trading System Guide Text; 226 pages||Yes||Yes|
|LEAPs® System Guide Text; 83 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Single Stock Futures System Guide Text; 56 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Kevin Bruce DVD||Yes||Yes|
|David Harding DVD||Yes||Yes|
|Larry Hite DVD||Yes||No|
|Charles Faulkner DVD||Yes||No|
|Salem Abraham DVD||Yes||No|
|Michael Covel CD||Yes||No|
Benefit 1: Custom Support for All Clients
Personal instruction is critical for success and Michael Covel has helped thousands learn trend following for outsized profit opportunities. His support team, led personally by Michael, will answer 95% of all emailed questions within 24-36 hours. You can learn anywhere: iPhone, beach, office, your bedroom, your bathroom, it doesn’t matter. You will have access to Michael’s client support service for 18 months.
Thousands of hours were put into the development of Trend Following client instruction. It is a complete trend following instruction with ready to apply trend following systems–for both new and pro traders. Just like your CPA or attorney–the ability to ask questions is built right into the Flagship product. No extra support fees are charged.
Some ask: Are there in person or online groups that talk about this strategy? Michael’s firm handles support with you. Keep in mind that the amount of misinformation online is overwhelming. People are so vociferous even when they have no clue. It is a minefield out there.
Benefit 2: Trend Following™ Premium Flagship System Manual
The core trend following guide text (226 pages; bound soft cover) along with personal support answers the following trend following issues:
- What market and how much of a market do you buy or sell at any time?
- When do you buy or sell a market?
- When do you get out of a winning position?
- How do you enter and exit?
- How do you place stops for each and every position?
- How do you adjust stops when trades are winning/losing?
- How do you take a loss to avoid a larger loss?
- How does system expectancy work?
- How do you balance both long and short positions?
- How do you adjust trades for accumulated new profits?
- How do you account for volatility?
- How do you adjust your portfolio during a winning/losing streak?
- How do you adjust risk as your account grows?
- How do you handle profit targets? What do the pros do?
- How do you protect against extreme downside moves?
- How do you adjust your positions for volatility?
- How do you trade when the system dictates?
- How do you eliminate market noise?
- How do you understand the psychological component?
- How do you choose a portfolio?
- How do you use risk management (or money management) to maximize your gains?
Those answers are supplemented with personal email support (Benefit 1). Michael’s products have reverse engineered the following for clients:
- How to become a millionaire in concrete steps.
- How to deal with volatile returns as a part of life.
- How to ignore bad information.
- How to set up a profit schedule with self-discipline.
- How to trade with the trend and never ignore it.
- How to minimize stress and maximize health.
- How to model the behavior of the great traders.
- How to manage and embrace risk with a patient opportunistic plan.
- How to use a checklist to quantify your trading plan.
- How to learn to trade off of today’s price.
- How to read trends now across commodities, currencies, interest rates and stocks.
- How to avoid buying declining markets.
- How to add to winning trades.
- How to not use price targets or time limits.
- How to know when to stay out of the market.
- How to know when to sell before you ever buy.
- How to prepare, study and practice for each trading or week.
- How to mentally plan for your worst-case scenario at all times.
- How to not watch the markets during the day.
- How to identify a portfolio of markets on a global basis and rank them for selection.
- How to trade with a small account.
This market chart gives a general overview of what trend following aims to achieve:
If you have any questions built-in support allows you to receive answers for your unique situation. You will have precise trend systems you can apply to your account for potential profit–immediately.
Benefit 3: LEAPS® Options & SSF System Guide Text
The LEAPS® Options & Single Stock Futures Trading guide texts (bound soft cover) include 139 pages of examples and instructions describing how to use trend following trading systems with these markets.
Benefit 4: Market Wizard Mentoring DVDs
You will receive one-of-a-kind Market Wizard DVDs only available from Michael Covel:
|Kevin Bruce DVD||Yes||Yes|
|David Harding DVD||Yes||Yes|
|Larry Hite DVD||Yes||No|
|Charles Faulkner DVD||Yes||No|
|Salem Abraham DVD||Yes||No|
Benefit 5: Michael Covel Trend Following Secrets CD
The research CD includes proprietary systems and money management techniques that assist learning and using trend following trading. It also includes:
- Money management practice guide with step-by-step examples (PDF)
- Order placement tutorial (PDF).
- Over (100) PDFs totaling over 2000 pages.
- Alternative Entries Guide (PDF).
Money management is core for your training. You will learn exact money management techniques used by top trend following traders and have the needed practice examples to answer these questions:
- How much to trade at any give time?
- When to increase your position?
- How much to risk?
- How to evaluate total market risk?
- How to diversify your account?
- How to avoid over exposure among markets?
The money management guide text (PDF) is 216 pages.
Benefit 6: New Trader Resources
New traders will also receive resources dedicated to foundational level trading basics (i.e. book recommendations, trading issues to consider/avoid, Holy Grails, broker recommendations, background reading, websites to absorb/avoid, etc.). These insights give new traders even more start-up confidence as they learn to become trend following traders.
Benefit 7: Stoic Weekly Trend Following™ System
New: The Stoic Weekly Trend Following™ System is available now. This is a very long term trend following system that not does not require daily monitoring of markets. In fact, trading decisions are made only once a week. It is an incredibly valuable addition to the Trend Following™ Premium Flagship systems. Consider the wisdom of Marcus Aurelius: “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.”
Benefit 8: The Perfect Hedge System
New: The Perfect Hedge System for non-trend followers is available now. Michael Covel’s live presentations taught him a unique insight. That critical piece of insight is included in Trend Following™ Premium Flagship; Systems + Training. What is the synopsis: Some traders and some funds don’t desire to be trend following traders. They are married to value-based approaches for an assortment of reasons. However, Michael has developed a unique approach that allows value-based and fundamental traders to receive trend following black swan protections (hedges) without applying real money. Note: This benefit is available only in Trend Following™ Premium Flagship.
Benefit 9: Investment Clarity Leads to High Profit
That image is typical investing promoted by government and the mutual fund monopoly. The end result has been brutal for investors:
46% of seniors in the U.S. have less than $10,000 in financial assets when they die.1
Worse yet? This infographic.
This cartoon and this Matrix-like view of technology’s eradication of the need for human capital are even more brutal (and dead true). Further, how did it reach the point that millions actually believe politicians can fix their economic lives via a vote?
Now that the playing field is crystal clear–what is the work around? What is the solution? What is the “hack”? It is a step-by-step profit blueprint. That’s how students, investors and advisors win. However, big profit trading starts with a process. Consider a non-trading example to illustrate:
Instead of talking about wins and championships, Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban speaks about the process. The process is Saban’s term for concentrating on the steps to success rather than worrying about the end result. Instead of thinking about the scoreboard, think about dominating the man on the opposite side of the line of scrimmage. Instead of thinking about a conference title, think about finishing a ninth rep in the weight room. Since Saban has won three of the past nine BCS titles, the phrase has morphed into the mission statement for Saban’s program-building philosophy. Today everyone is trying to replicate his philosophy and results. Call it the Sabanization of college football2.
Michael Covel has assembled world class winning trading strategies from the great traders of the last 40 years. He has spent 15 years teaching clients globally his lessons. Thousands worldwide, including beginners, ordinary people and professionals, have learned to trade stocks, bonds, currencies, commodities, metals, grains, futures, ETFs and LEAPs® in non-traditional ways. First, consider these truths:
- Clarity of purpose leads to investment success. Eliminate the noise with precise profit rules that adjust to any situation, climate or cycle.
- Systematic and consistent processes beat discretionary judgments every time. Watch this video.
- Stress is a killer. Multitasking will fry you. Focus on the right task, not every last one. View this infographic.
- The religious rituals of the finance sector designed to make you believe will bleed you out dry.
- Go on an information diet. Why? The news media systematically misleads. It is irrelevant, toxic to the body, limits understanding, inhibits thinking and manipulates. Do you disagree?
- Allow yourself some time to become proficient. Practice is ok. View this infographic.
- Bad advice is more popular than ever, but quick fixes for complex problems are a recipe for failure.
- Do nothing until you have a great move with big potential. Patience. Watch this video.
The authorities in charge, however, don’t want that kind of thinking or action. They don’t want you awake:
Those who dominate the educational [system] control who is accepted and who is rejected, not by measure of intelligence or skill, but by their willingness to conform to the establishment ideal. They construct a kind of automaton class, which has been taught not to learn independently, but to parrot propaganda without question. Those of us who do not make the grade are relegated to the role of obliged worshippers; accepting the claims of the professional class as gospel regardless of how incorrect they happen to be. The whole thing is disgustingly inbred3.
Trend following is not a moneymaking system that the gatekeepers want you to practice. It is not inbred. It is a learned entrepreneurial skill. Trend following kills the brokers, CNBC, Bloomberg, mutual funds and the hocus pocus gurus that say they can predict tomorrow. It puts the power in your hands.
Trend Following™ Premium Flagship: Product Purchase
ADDITIONAL REFERENCE NOTES
Michael Covel’s background is a culmination of his curiosity, passion and tenacity to go behind the trading curtain. Below you will find insights from his quest that may help to further illuminate his product offerings along with what you can expect from your trend following profit journey.
- Michael Covel Personal Note: Read.
- More Trend Following Benefits: Read.
- Trend Commandments Book Excerpt (PDF).
- Article #1 (PDF).
- Article #2 (PDF).
- Trend Following Origins (PDF).
Who is trend following for:
- New or private traders trading their own account.
- All account sizes.
- Hedge fund managers, commodity trading advisors, floor traders and locals.
- Professional traders looking to establish money management businesses.
- Those who trade 401K, IRA, or other retirement vehicles.
- Those burned by buy-and-hope strategies and trusting the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- Those who want to trade all markets with the same rules.
- Those who want to make money in both bull, bear and black swan markets.
- Those who don’t know where to start.
Who is trend following training not for:
- Those expecting millions instantly.
- Day traders.
- People who think they can predict tomorrow.
The answer is YES:
- Will I learn how to trade on the right side of great traders?
- Will I learn how the traders in Covel’s books produced massive returns?
- Will I learn how to spend less than 30 minutes a day trading?
- Will I learn how to put myself in a position to make 20%+ annually?
- Will I learn how to trade without any special degree, such as a PhD or masters?
- Will I learn how to successfully make money in foreign markets with no fundamental knowledge of those markets?
- Will I learn how to control how much I can lose in 5 minutes?
- Does your trend following training provide actual trend following systems?
- Does your trend following training provide exact rules/instruction for selecting a portfolio?
- Does your trend following training provide exact rules/instruction for entering a market?
- Does your trend following training provide exact rules/instruction for exiting a market with a loss?
- Does your trend following training provide exact rules/instruction for exiting a market with a gain?
- Does your trend following training provide exact rules/instruction for betting on each trade?
- Can I put myself in a position to profit during the next crash?
- Can I stop watching all financial news?
- Can I use trend following on an iPhone or Android phone?
- Can I trade as a trend follower with limited funds?
- Can I use trend following in my retirement account?
- Can I use trend following on stocks only?
- Can I use trend following on all markets?
- Can I use trend following outside the United States?
- Can I see a map of where your clients live?
- Can I read about all the traders that have influenced you and your trading principles?
- Can I learn the exact origins of trend following?
- Will I love trend following?
Trend Following Foundations:
- Big Money Starts with Trends, or Waves: Everyone who makes big money rides and surfs waves. And the really large money comes from the big and unexpected swells.
- Adapt Your Trading to Market Movement: Markets go up, down and sideways. They trend. They flow. They surprise. They change. Know you will adapt from the outset. Don’t bother guessing how far a trend will go. You cannot.
- Nurture Beats Nature: What constitutes a winning trader? A special gene or divine gift? Child prodigy innate talent? Inside knowledge? MBAs? Huge starting capital? One answer: No.
- Everything Flows: Trend followers don’t predict direction. They react to market movements and follow along–without a story or conviction about why the market is moving.
- Statistical Thinking Is Paramount: During a Monday Night Football game, one of the announcers, Ron Jaworski, unintentionally put numbers and odds in perspective for making money: Play calling is about probability not certainty.
- Market Bubbles & Crashes Are Your Friend: The mythological 100-year flood happens regularly. Since 1929 there have been 18 market crashes–always rooted in irrational exuberance in one direction, then panics to get out in the other.
- Speculation Is Not Evil: Think about what drives a market: millions of investors speculating to make money. That’s evil? That’s life! Recent college graduates speculate that a high-paying job will come after graduation. That’s evil.
- Fundamentals Are Religion: To paraphrase trader Paul Tudor Jones: The illusion has been created that there is an explanation for every market move, every tick up or down, with the primary task to find that explanation. Ozzy also saw the insanity in fundamentals: I’m goin’ off the rails on a crazy train!
- The Market Is Never Wrong: People pine nonstop for the market to go their direction, then hang on and pray it’ll come back if it doesn’t go in their favor. The market is never wrong and doesn’t hear prayers. Losers average losers.
- Never Trust Anyone: Whenever there is market movement Wall Street analysts always speculate why it occurred. What they say never consistently translates to the bottom line of profit.
- You Have to Bet to Win: Take a big risk if you want a big reward. If you want an average reward, take an average risk. No balls, no babies. However, as Market Wizard Larry Hite said, Don’t bet your deli to win a pickle.
- Trade Everything: Follow enough markets that when one moves you can ride it, as diversification is the only free lunch you get. Forget the market’s name. They are the same if you only trade price.
- Process Beats Outcome: Do you want to be right or rich? You really have no control over the results; you have control over your action. What can you really control? How much you lose.
- Think Like Kenny Rogers: If you must play decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes and quitting time. You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em. Know when to fold ‘em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run.
- Learn to Love Losses: P.T. Barnum famously said, This way to the egress! If famed trader Amos Hostetter lost 25 percent he’d exit: Never mind the cheese. Let me out of the trap. Ignore losses, or try to double down to recoup, and those losses will bury you.
- Slow Your Emotions Down: Don’t compete with the phony speed of society. Be a snake. Coil and strike when the time is right. That simple thought is the foundation of Daniel Kahneman’s Nobel Prize in Behavioral Economics.
- The Babe Ruth Parallel: Babe Ruth struck out in bunches, but was one of baseball’s greatest sluggers. His home runs nullified the strikeouts. In between trading strikeouts, don’t lose too much while waiting for the next homerun, that’s the trick.
- Price Is All That Matters: Forget the market. Stocks, bonds, gold or corn–your system needs to work on all of those different markets. Trend trader Ken Tropin said it: You cant have a suit so tight that if you gain two pounds it won’t fit.
- Technology Is No Mistress: Pablo Picasso famously said, Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. Start by answering your daily market questions in advance. Automating answers is the easy part.
- Zero Sum Battles Are Life: Someone has to lose for you to win. Forget trying to be loved. Need a friend? Get a dog. If you are going to win, someone else will lose. Does survival of the fittest make you uneasy? Stay out of the zero sum game (PDF).
- Ivory Towers Are Prisons: The Efficient Markets Hypothesis has more in common with Scientology, versus any useful trading enlightenment. The last 15 years are proof positive against efficiency dogma.
- Avoid Benchmarks: If you don’t have an umpire, you can wait for the fat pitch. The trouble with investing for other people…is that you do have an umpire–called quarterly performance. Julian Robertson said it.
- Panicky Sheep Take Cliff Dives Together: The group offers safety, confirmation and simplifies decision-making. If something goes wrong, it is far more comforting to be with others than to be alone. The old saying, misery loves company, rings true.
- Hero Worship Kills Accounts: Many see market gurus as religious prophets. When TV zombies say it’s time to buy Google or dump Apple, millions follow random advice blindly. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.
- Buy and Hold (Hope) Is Dead: Buy and hold works for investors who live forever. It also works for those who believe in magical thinking and pixie dust. However, mutual funds still make a fortune selling the dream. Like cosmetics: They both sell hope.
Trend Following™/TurtleTrader® can not promise you will earn the returns of traders, charts or examples (real or hypothetical) stated. All past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results. Data presented is for educational purposes. All data on this site is direct from the CFTC, SEC, Yahoo Finance, Google and disclosure documents by managers mentioned herein. Trend Following™/TurtleTrader® assumes all data to be accurate, but assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or clerical errors made by sources.
Trend Following™/TurtleTrader® is not registered as a securities broker-dealer or an investment adviser. This information is not designed to be used as an invitation for investment with any adviser profiled. No information herein is intended as securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any company, security or fund.
Further, Trend Following™/TurtleTrader® cannot and does not assess, verify or guarantee the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of any information, the suitability or profitability of any particular investment, or the potential value of any investment or informational source. The reader bears responsibility for his/her own investment research and decisions, should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment, and investigate and fully understand any and all risks before investing.
Additionally, Trend Following™/TurtleTrader® in no way warrants the solvency, financial condition, or investment advisability of any security or instrument. In addition, Trend Following™/TurtleTrader® accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this information. This information is not intended to be used as a basis of any investment decision, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the investment needs of any particular investor.
HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.