Michael Covel is the world’s most prominent writer and speaker about trend following. He is not Wall Street royalty. He is not part of the system. His credentials are not Goldman Sachs. No pedigree, or PhD. His background, his personal story, is one of struggle and ultimately triumph. Specifically, the struggle to figure out how great traders really make their millions in up or down markets.
In the course of writing four bestselling books, long before ever making his first million, Covel has always focused on one big question: Is there a better way? What he found was an investing strategy that did not require buy & hope, mutual funds, CNBC, Warren Buffett, indexing, bailouts, insider trading or anything like that. As an outsider, Covel was able to discard “conventional” wisdom.
Building off his initial bootstrapping success, the original TurtleTrader®, Covel developed very creative methods to get close to the world’s great traders. They opened their doors because of his persistence. He went directly to the seat of knowledge and learned techniques of the great trend following traders, took that knowledge and distilled those lessons and best practices into a useful education to give regular people the chance at making big money.
The results were astounding. He discovered methods that will allow people to:
- Make the money you’ve always dreamed of.
- Gain access to the world’s greatest traders.
- Trade in any market in any country.
- Remove emotion and irrationality from your portfolio.
Michael Covel & his firm Trend Following™ have worked for over a decade to deliver cutting edge & transformative solutions for aspiring students worldwide. His unparalleled global teaching track record, with 6000+ students in 70+ countries & 150,000+ books sold, has made him the respected trend following research & education solutions leader. His proprietary & robust trading plan answers:
- What market do you buy or sell at any time?
- When do you buy or sell a market?
- How do you get out of a losing position?
- How should you get out of a winning position?
- How much do you bet on each trade?
Why are those answers so important? Your money is at risk. No matter where you put it. Let’s face it head on: conventional investing strategies have killed investors over the last decade. Markets are not efficient and human beings are not rational. What you need are the tools to meet and beat the surprise events, uncertainty and chaos of the market. And that’s what trend following does: provides the rules and practice needed to generate compounding returns for homerun profits.
Want all this now–skip the two-decade learning curve & benefit from Michael Covel’s expertise.
More: Michael Covel personal note.
15+ years of research.
20+ hall of fame trading teachers.
100+ trend traders consulted.
Behind the scenes of Wall Street, politics & media.
Michael Covel is president of Trend Following™, a privately owned research firm with clients in more than 70 countries. He is the four-time bestselling author of The Little Book of Trading, Trend Commandments, The Complete TurtleTrader, and the classic Trend Following. His books have been translated into 10+ languages and Trend Following was named best trading book of the last 15 years. His first film, a documentary, is Broke: The New American Dream.
Live presentations (details):
- Austin, Texas
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Jekyll Island, Georgia
- La Jolla, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Key Biscayne, Florida
- Mobile, Alabama
- New York, New York
- Stanford, California
- Vancouver, Canada
- Beijing, China
- Guangzhou, China
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, China
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Macau, China
- Shanghai, China
- Shenzhen, China
- Tokyo, Japan
- Success: 150,000+ books sold. 6000+ private students in 70+ countries.
- Reviewed: AOL Money, Big Hollywood, Bloomberg, Forbes, Huffington Post.
- On Air: Bloomberg, Dennis Miller Show, Business News Network, Fox Business.
- Addressed: BM&F Bovespa, CLSA, CME Group, DZH (China), Legg Mason, Managed Funds Association.
- Quoted: Barrons, Bloomberg, Globe and Mail, New York Post, Wall
- Published: Active Trader (PDF), Daily Reckoning, Futures Magazine, Ludwig von Mises Institute (Link), Market Technicians Association (PDF), SFO Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, Your Trading Edge (PDF).
- Influences: Trained by the great trend following traders.
- Education: George Mason University (BA, Political Science) and The Florida State University (MBA). Further: International Relations (London, UK).
- Fun: Favorite book Fountainhead, enjoys Southeast Asia (currently resides there), collects dinosaur skulls, Myers-Briggs type, took Constitutional case before Supreme Court of Virginia, envies Anthony Bourdain’s travel life, can still swing a baseball bat with authority and once ran for political office.
- Photos: flickr®.
- Recommended: Books.
- Economics: Covel’s wider economic views can be seen in his Mises.org feature, but the essence of any entrepreneurial foundation (including trend following) is this Milton Friedman interview. If you can relate to that you are on the road to the winning trend following mindset. Rationality really equals success? Consider: Bill Dunn and Turtle teacher Richard Dennis are both on the Board of the Reason Foundation.
- Wikipedia: Go.
- Contact: Go.
Note: How does Michael Covel pronounce his last name? Co-vell. “Co” rhymes with toe. “Vell” rhymes with bell. Equally accented each syllable. It was shortened from Covalesky, which was shortened originally from Kavaliauskas.