Challenging the status quo has huge upside with far less risk than trusting the system. This truth is available–if awake.
Michael Covel is President and founder of Trend Following™, a research-consulting firm focused on trend following trading strategies. The firm’s client base consists of individual traders, students, hedge funds, pensions and family offices. Michael’s unique edge is an extensive personal network within the world of quantitative trend following investments. His unparalleled global teaching track record is over 7000+ clients in 70+ countries.
The bestselling author of The Little Book of Trading, Trend Commandments, The Complete TurtleTrader and the classic Trend Following, Michael’s books have sold 150,000+ copies. His books have been translated into 10+ languages with Trend Following named best trading book of the last 15 years. His first documentary film is Broke: The New American Dream.
Michael is also the voice behind Trend Following Radio, the underground alternative hit that has been as high as #2 on iTunes investing channel reaching 182 countries & territories with 2.0 million plus listens. Guests have included: Daniel Kahneman (Nobel Prize), Vernon Smith (Nobel Prize), Harry Markowitz (Nobel Prize), Ed Seykota, Gerd Gigerenzer, Dan Ariely, Jack Schwager, Michael Mauboussin, Larry Williams, Tom DeMark, Tom Basso, Jerry Parker, Barry Ritholtz, Larry Hite. All guests.
- Audiences: AIMA, BM&F Bovespa, CLSA, CME Group, DZH (China), Legg Mason, Managed Funds Association. All.
- Live Presentations: North America: Austin, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Jekyll Island, La Jolla, Las Vegas, Key Biscayne, Mobile, New York, Stanford, Vancouver. Asia: Beijing, Guangzhou, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Macau Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Tokyo. Europe: Paris, Vienna. South America: São Paulo.
- Reviewed: AOL Money, Big Hollywood, Bloomberg, Forbes, Huffington Post.
- Media: Bloomberg, Dennis Miller Show, Business News Network, Fox Business, Barrons, Bloomberg, Globe and Mail, New York Post, Wall Street Journal (More).
- Published: Active Trader (PDF), Daily Reckoning, Futures Magazine, Ludwig von Mises Institute (Link), Market Technicians Association (PDF), SFO Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, Your Trading Edge (PDF).
- Mentors: Go.
- Economics: Mises Institute feature.
- Recommended Books: Go.
- Wikipedia: Go.
- Education: George Mason University (BA, Political Science) and The Florida State University (MBA) and International Relations (London, UK).
- Motivation: Go.
- Contact: Go.
Footnotes: How does Michael Covel pronounce his last name? Co-vell. “Co” rhymes with toe. “Vell” rhymes with bell. Equally accented each syllable. It was shortened from Covalesky, which was shortened originally from Kavaliauskas. A favorite book Fountainhead, collects dinosaur skulls, took Constitutional case before Supreme Court of Virginia, admires Anthony Bourdain’s travel life, can still swing a bat with authority and once ran for political office. Michael splits his time between USA and Asia.