My guest today is Michael Mauboussin, an investment strategist in the financial services industry, professor at the Columbia Graduate School of Business, and serves on the board of trustees at the Sante Fe Institute (an independent, nonprofit theoretical research institute). He is managing director and head of Global Financial Strategies at Credit Suisse, where he advises clients on valuation and portfolio positioning, capital markets theory, competitive strategy analysis, and decision making.
The topics are his books More Than You Know and Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Multi-disciplinary thinking and its influence on Covel
- Looking at larger reference classes
- The Swiss Franc
- Mauboussin’s personal take on the recent oil move
- Fundamentals and expectation
- Luck or skill when it comes to trading profits
- The paradox of skill, absolute, and relative skill
- Whether scientific principles of luck exist
- Defining luck
- utcome bias
- The general public perception of behavioral economics
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.