My guest today is Robert Aumann, the fourth Nobel Prize winner to appear on this podcast. Aumann is an Israeli-American mathematician, and a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences. He is a professor at the Center for the Study of Rationality in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel.
The topic is game theory.
In this episode of Trend Following Radio we discuss:
- Conflict and cooperation through game theory analysis
- World via his game theory perspective
- Meeting John Nash and Aumann’s early background
- What game theory is trying to accomplish
- The economic definition of rationality
- The idea of a strategy matrix
- The world champions of peace and the best way to maintain peace
- The 2008-09 bailouts from Aumann’s perspective and a game theory outlook
- Behavioral economics
- Game theory, diplomats, and the Cuban Missile Crisis
- The existence of nuclear weapons and the Cold War
Listen to this episode:
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Libysn RSS.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Free Video.