“People don’t want more information. They are up to their eyeballs in information. They want faith. Faith in you, your goals, your success and in the story you tell.”
Trend Following™ is the culmination of all Michael Covel has learned over the past two decades about a very secretive and alternative form of trading.
Michael spent an incredible amount of time, money and research developing and testing his Trend Following™ trading systems over very diverse global markets. He wanted trading rules that could equally work on all markets for all investors in all countries. He wanted trading rules you could literally trade from a desert island.
His efforts created proprietary systems that ride market trends up or down on stocks, bonds, currencies, FX, commodities, metals, grains, futures, ETFs and LEAPs options–all for potentially out-sized returns.
You won’t find “100 different ways to win in trading” here. And you won’t find different strategies that supposedly work for different personalities. That’s the white noise that routinely confuses investors. Michael has learned and developed one great way. The best way with solid proof: Trend Following™.
Today, Michael is well known for the most controversial work in the world of alternative investments. Since he launched Trend Following™, his books have become international bestsellers and his podcast is a major hit with millions of listens. Additionally, his Flagship and Standard products allow investors and traders to access his wisdom, systems and training:
- Absolute Returns: Trend Following™ has above-average performance over the last 7 decades. This non-public knowledge enables you to potentially compound great wealth.
- Up and Down Trends: Michael’s Trend Following™ makes money in up or down markets, bull or bear. It’s not long only. It’s not buy and hope. Michael teaches a trading method that always adapts to market direction.
- Tail Risk: We all know the next Black Swan will start soon. Michael’s unique Trend Following™ strategy performs above average when market bubbles pop, when the Black Swan arrives. Trend Following™ made huge money in October 2008? You bet it did.
- Portfolio Diversification: Trend Following™ returns are uncorrelated to traditional investments. This contrarian benefit is huge to your long-term portfolio success.
- Research: Trend Following™ has worked for centuries–no exaggeration. Review the third party research: PDF 1, PDF 2.
- No Fundamentals: Trend Following™ does not need news, fundamentals or chart patterns. It is not day trading or HFT. It does not rely on Central Bank policy or Janet Yellen. You don’t need any of that to make money with Trend Following™.
- Best in Class: Michael Covel has curated top Trend Following™ systems from the legendary trend traders. His wisdom and methods are literally direct from the best traders alive. No one else has developed this access. It’s now your access.
- Competition: Too many so-called market pros provide free information or free data. They promise you can make money with multiple strategies and multiple time frames. That wisdom will get you nowhere. There is no trust.
Michael provides his clients with proprietary Trend Following™ systems and the exact secret trading processes used by some of the greatest traders to ever live. He answers the essential Trend Following™ questions that you must know at all times:
- What market do you buy or sell?
- How much of a market do you buy or sell?
- When do you buy or sell a market?
- When do you exit a losing position?
- When do you exit a winning position?
His Flagship product is radically different with key benefits:
- Everyone: Flagship is for beginners and professionals.
- One-of-a-kind: Michael’s wisdom is focused on the very narrow subject of systematic Trend Following™. Flagship is the result of his near twenty-year continuous research effort.
- Your time is valuable: Free is everywhere. Information alone has zero value. Competing and conflicting voices are 24/7. How do you choose the right voice? Michael’s unique insights are rooted in comprehensive trading connections.
- Michael delivers client success: Testimonial proof.
- Behavioral biases: Michael has also learned from the greatest trading psych pros alive (see his podcast). He delivers trading psychology wisdom not found anywhere else. This is a critical facet of Trend Following™ success.
- Works on all markets: Trend Following™ doesn’t trade one market alone. You can trade anything now and you will–with confidence.
- Efficient markets: Trend Following™ goes against the academic orthodoxy of the efficient markets hypothesis (EMH). Markets are not efficient. That’s one of Michael’s biggest lessons.
Michael will teach you exactly how to think and trade with precise trend systems for above average returns. You will receive his best Trend Following™ wisdom, recommendations and ideas. Make no mistake Trend Following™ is mental sport, but it is sport that can be learned. But you do not need to be math genius to be a Trend Following™ trader.
An old pro makes the point:
My best friends, who are at the peak of their careers in medicine and medical research, agree that the two most important discoveries in medical history are penicillin and washing hands. My friends [also] counsel that there’s no better advice on how to live longer than to quit smoking and buckle up when driving. Their lesson: advice doesn’t have to be complicated to be good.
Michael’s wisdom is not complicated, but it is very edgy. It’s controversial. It’s contrarian. You will no longer see investing the same as your neighbors. Michael has done the work and sorted through the raw data to find the most important things you really need to know and understand about Trend Following™ investing.
His dedicated and unparalleled research is why his clients remain fiercely loyal. Customers pay Michael directly for his out-side-the-box wisdom. He receives no soft money or fees. He doesn’t accept ads. There are no hidden agendas. There are no secret sources of revenue.
These precise Trend Following™ systems can be applied to your account for potential profit immediately. And Michael’s comprehensive A-Z Flagship wisdom is only available from his firm Trend Following™.
Warning: Michael will not teach you day trading or high frequency trading. His wisdom is not for those expecting instant millions or for those that trust CNBC or Bloomberg. And if you believe you can predict market direction, Michael’s Trend Following™ is 100% not for you. Stop now if you can’t accept the rules.
Trend Following™ Flagship Product Details
You will receive Michael’s Trend Following™ Flagship systems and research materials with your purchase.
Flagship is delivered via FEDEX, online videos and a shared Dropbox folder filled with even more manuals, audio and video. You will also have personalized support through email with Michael.
|Flagship v. Standard||$2997||$1997|
|Trend Following™ Custom Support (Months)||18||12|
|Trend Following™ Core Systems Trading; 226 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Exchange Traded Funds (ETF); 56 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ LEAPs Options; 83 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Single Stock Futures; 56 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Alternate Entries (PDF); 56 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Money Management (PDF); 96 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Additional Trading Systems (3)||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Case Study (PDF); 6 pages||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Kevin Bruce||Yes||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: David Harding||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Larry Hite||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Wizard Video: Salem Abraham||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Trading Coach Video: Charles Faulkner||Yes|
|Trend Following™ Resources Supplementary Dropbox (See Description Below)||Yes|
|Pre-purchase questions? Contact us.|
You will receive proprietary Trend Following™ trading systems:
- Classic I Trend Following Trading System.
- Classic II Trend Following Trading System.
- Classic III Trend Following Trading System.
- Stoic Weekly Trend Following Trading System.
- Note: Risk management for all systems adjustable.
Michael’s proprietary Trend Following™ systems and training answers these questions for you:
- How do you automate your trading (or not)?
- How do you place stops for each and every position?
- How do you adjust stops when trades are winning/losing?
- How do you take a loss to avoid a larger loss?
- How do you balance both long and short positions?
- How do you adjust trades for accumulated new profits?
- How do you account for volatility?
- How do you adjust your portfolio during a winning/losing streak?
- How do you adjust risk as your account grows?
- How do you protect against extreme downside moves?
- How do you adjust your positions for volatility?
- How do you deal with the psychological component?
- How do you choose a portfolio?
Our Trend Following™ systems have been reverse engineered to answer:
- How do you trade with the trend and never ignore it?
- How do you ignore bad information?
- How do you minimize stress and maximize health?
- How do you model the behavior of the great traders?
- How do you manage and embrace risk with a patient opportunistic plan?
- How do you use a checklist to quantify your trading plan?
- How do you trade off of today’s price only?
- How do you avoid buying declining markets?
- How do you know when to stay out of the market?
- How do you know when to sell before you ever buy?
- How do you mentally plan for your worst-case scenario at all times?
- How do you identify a portfolio and rank them for selection?
- How do you trade with a small account?
You will know how to answer these questions at all times:
- How much do you trade?
- When will you increase your position?
- How much do you risk?
- How do you evaluate total market risk?
- How do you diversify your account?
- How do you avoid over exposure among markets?
A very important chart from a famed trend follower that demonstrates Michael’s Trend Following™ lessons:
Michael’s Client Support
Michael’s support team will answer 95% of your emailed questions within 24-48 hours. All clients, all countries, you have access to client support for 18 months. Just like your CPA or attorney–you have the ability to get answers. This is built right into Michael’s Flagship. No extra support fees charged. You can also now learn Trend Following™ anywhere: office, home or on the road. It doesn’t matter.
Look, the amount of free misinformation online is overwhelming. It is a minefield. Michael’s loyal clients trust him to help see clearly through the noise.
Note: New traders also receive trading basics (i.e. book recommendations, issues to consider/avoid, Holy Grails exposed, broker recommendations, wise background reading, websites to absorb/avoid). These insights from Michael give new traders the necessary confidence.
Trend Following™ Trade Examples
Supplementary Resources in Trend Following™ Dropbox
Michael’s Trend Following™ Dropbox is a resource compilation that gives further Trend Following™ lessons and systems. This invaluable tool offers Michael’s favorite outside resources.
3rd Party White Paper/Resources (Flagship Premium Only)
EXCEL Spreadsheets (Flagship Premium Only)
- (5) EXCEL spreadsheets for volatility.
- (5) EXCEL spreadsheets for correlation.
- (4) EXCEL spreadsheets for trading logs.
- (4) EXCEL spreadsheets for risk management.
Training Materials (Flagship Premium Only)
- Trend Following™ questions and answers (44 pages).
- Market basics for introduction, orders, speculation, nomenclature, etc. (300 Q/A).
Audio (Flagship Premium Only)
- Podcast episodes (275 MP3s).
- Covel introductory overview (10 MP3s).
Video (Flagship Premium Only)
- 3rd party trend following video excerpts (14 videos).
- 3rd party video excerpts featuring top trend follower (11 videos).
How best should you invest or trade in the face of constant uncertainty? How do you best trade market bubbles for profit? Those are critical questions to answer.
And thousands of clients have paid Michael thousands of dollars each for his wisdom to those answers.
Now, let’s step back and think big picture for a moment.
In the last 15 years there have been multiple booms and busts. There has been government rigging from bailouts to quantitative easing (QE) to zero interest rate policy (ZIRP) to the now new negative interest rate policy (NIRP).
These policies have insured that all markets go up and go down all the time.
But here is the trick: you can’t predict the direction of any market move.
No worries. Prediction is not needed for success.
So what can you do?
If you have Michael’s Trend Following™ systems and training you can make money in up or down markets. Why a particular market is moving is not relevant or needed to make sound investing decisions. The Eastern philosopher Alan Watts knew Michael’s lessons about profitable trading (even if unintentional):
The question ‘What shall we do about it?’ is only asked by those who do not understand the problem. If a problem can be solved at all, to understand it and to know what to do about it is the same thing. On the other hand, doing something about a problem that you do not understand is like trying to clear away darkness by thrusting it aside with your hands. When light is brought, the darkness vanishes at once.
Still, most investors do not understand proper market philosophy.
Let’s face it, markets continually confuse, seduce, bewilder and scare the hell out of people because, while they can make you very rich, they can leave you dead broke. Overcoming that fear (and moving you toward rich) is what Michael’s Trend Following™ Flagship does for clients. He brings the light to Trend Following™ with essential truths:
- Clarity of purpose is the start of your investment success.
- Eliminating noise with precise trend rules that adjust to any situation, climate or cycle is the goal.
- Going on an information diet is a mandatory part of Michael’s plan.
- Systematic and consistent processes beat fundamental guesses every time. Michael wants your investing like this video.
- Investment stress is a killer. Multitasking with screens, news and nonstop predictions will fry your brain–guaranteed. Michael will have you focus on the right task, not every last task. Consider this infographic.
- The religious rituals of the government, media and finance will bleed you out dry. One of Michael’s guests said it smartly: “CNBC really could not care less about the actual content of what is being said. The purpose of CNBC’s game is…to sell advertisements. Nothing evil or wrong about this. It’s what for-profit media companies do. But the content they are producing…needs to be understood as such.”
- Deliberate practice is mandatory for Trend Following™ excellence. Listen to Michael’s podcast with the world’s foremost expert on peak performance.
- Trend Following™ does nothing until you have a great move with big profit potential. Patience is paramount. Michael teaches like this video.
The Deep State government authorities don’t want you thinking with that wisdom. They want you connected to the Matrix:
Those who dominate the educational [system] control who is accepted and who is rejected, not by measure of intelligence or skill, but by their willingness to conform to the establishment ideal. They construct a kind of automaton class, which has been taught not to learn independently, but to parrot propaganda without question. Those of us who do not make the grade are relegated to the role of obliged worshippers; accepting the claims of the professional class as gospel regardless of how incorrect they happen to be. The whole thing is disgustingly inbred.
Michael’s Trend Following™ systems give you control (and peace of mind). His approach puts you outside of that system. Now, let’s take smart thinking a step further. Consider a non-trading example about process v. outcome:
Instead of talking about wins and championships, Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban speaks about the process. The process is Saban’s term for concentrating on the steps to success rather than worrying about the end result. Instead of thinking about the scoreboard, think about dominating the man on the opposite side of the line of scrimmage. Instead of thinking about a conference title, think about finishing a ninth rep in the weight room. Since Saban has won three of the past nine BCS titles, the phrase has morphed into the mission statement for Saban’s program-building philosophy. Today everyone is trying to replicate his philosophy and results. Call it the Sabanization of college football.
Once you know that you need a Trend Following™ process then it comes down to your guts to play the game not like everyone else. Famed contrarian investor Howard Marks speaks to that search for greatness:
The real question is whether you dare to do the things that are necessary in order to be great. Are you willing to be different, and are you willing to be wrong? In order to have a chance at great results, you have to be open to being both.
The Trend Following™ race for you is on–whether you run or pretend there is no race:
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
There is one straightforward reason for Michael’s stellar reputation: He shows people the secrets to running with Trend Following™.
Big Money Starts with Trends, or Waves: Everyone that makes big money rides and surfs waves. And the really large money comes from the big and unexpected swells.
Adapt Your Trading to Market Movement: Markets go up, down and sideways. They trend. They flow. They surprise. They change. Know you will adapt from the outset. Don’t bother guessing how far a trend will go. You cannot.
Nurture Beats Nature: What constitutes a winning trader? A special gene or divine gift? Child prodigy innate talent? Inside knowledge? MBAs? Huge starting capital? One answer: No.
Everything Flows: Trend followers don’t predict direction. They react to market movements and follow along–without a story or conviction about why the market is moving.
Statistical Thinking Is Paramount: During a Monday Night Football game, one of the announcers, Ron Jaworski, unintentionally put numbers and odds in perspective for making money: “Play calling is about probability not certainty.”
Market Bubbles: The mythological 100-year flood happens regularly. Since 1929 there have been 18 market crashes–always rooted in irrational exuberance in one direction, then panics to get out in the other.
Speculation Is Not Evil: Think about what drives a market: millions of investors speculating to make money. That’s evil? That’s life! Recent college graduates speculate that a high-paying job will come after graduation. That’s evil.
Fundamentals Are Religion: To paraphrase trader Paul Tudor Jones: The illusion has been created that there is an explanation for every market move, every tick up or down, with the primary task to find that explanation.
The Market Is Never Wrong: People pine nonstop for the market to go their direction, then hang on and pray it’ll come back if it doesn’t go in their favor. The market is never wrong. It doesn’t hear prayers. Losers average losers.
Never Trust Anyone: Whenever there is market movement Wall Street analysts always speculate why it occurred. What they say never consistently translates to the bottom line of profit.
You Have to Bet to Win: Take a big risk if you want a big reward. If you want an average reward, take an average risk. No balls, no babies. However, as Market Wizard Larry Hite said, “Don’t bet your deli to win a pickle.”
Trade Everything: Follow enough markets that when one moves you can ride it, as diversification is the only free lunch you get. Forget the market’s name. They are the same if you only trade price.
Process Beats Outcome: Do you want to be right or rich? You really have no control over the results; you have control over your action. What can you really control? How much you lose.
Think Like Kenny Rogers: If you must play decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes and quitting time. You’ve got to know when to hold ’em. Know when to fold ’em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run.
Learn to Love Losses: P.T. Barnum famously said, “This way to the egress!” If famed trader Amos Hostetter lost 25 percent he’d exit: “Never mind the cheese. Let me out of the trap.” Ignore losses, or try to double down to recoup, and those losses will bury you.
Slow Your Emotions Down: Don’t compete with the phony speed of society. Be a snake. Coil and strike when the time is right. That simple thought is the foundation of Daniel Kahneman’s Nobel Prize in Behavioral Economics.
The Babe Ruth Parallel: Babe Ruth struck out in bunches, but was one of baseball’s greatest sluggers. His home runs nullified the strikeouts. In between trading strikeouts, don’t lose too much while waiting for the next homerun, that’s the trick.
Price Is All That Matters: Forget the market. Stocks, bonds, gold or corn–your system needs to work on all of those different markets. Trend trader Ken Tropin said it: You cant have a suit so tight that if you gain two pounds it won’t fit.
Technology Is No Mistress: Pablo Picasso famously said, “Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.” Start by answering your daily market questions in advance. Automating answers is the easy part.
Zero Sum Battles Are Life: Someone has to lose for you to win. Forget trying to be loved. Need a friend? Get a dog. If you are going to win, someone else will lose. Does survival of the fittest make you uneasy? Stay out of the zero sum game (PDF).
Ivory Towers Are Prisons: The Efficient Markets Hypothesis has no useful application within profitable trading.
Avoid Benchmarks: “If you don’t have an umpire, you can wait for the fat pitch. The trouble with investing for other people–is that you do have an umpire–called quarterly performance.” Julian Robertson said it.
Panicky Sheep Take Cliff Dives Together: The group offers safety, confirmation and simplifies decision-making. If something goes wrong, it is far more comforting to be with others than to be alone. The old saying, “misery loves company”, rings true.
Hero Worship Kills Accounts: Many see market gurus as religious prophets. When TV zombies say it’s time to buy Google or dump Apple, millions follow random advice blindly. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.
Buy and Hold (Hope) Is Dead: Buy and hold works for investors who live forever. It also works for those who believe in magical thinking and pixie dust. Mutual funds and cosmetics: They both sell hope.
Trend Following™ can not promise you will earn the returns of traders, charts or examples (real or hypothetical) stated. All past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results. Data presented is for educational purposes. Our products are also provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as personalized investment advice. All data on this site is direct from the CFTC, SEC, Yahoo Finance, Google and disclosure documents by managers mentioned herein. Trend Following™ assumes all data to be accurate, but assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or clerical errors made by sources.
Our testimonials are the words of real clients received in real correspondence that have not been paid for their testimonials. Testimonials are sometimes printed under aliases to protect privacy, and edited for length. Claims have not been independently verified or audited for accuracy. We do not know how much money was risked, what portion of their total portfolio was allocated, or their exact positions. We do not claim that the results experienced by such clients are typical and you will likely have different results.
Trend Following™ is not registered as a securities broker-dealer or an investment adviser. This information is not designed to be used as an invitation for investment with any adviser profiled. No information herein is intended as securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any company, security or fund.
Further, Trend Following™ cannot and does not assess, verify or guarantee the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of any information, the suitability or profitability of any particular investment, or the potential value of any investment or informational source. The reader bears responsibility for his/her own investment research and decisions, should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment, and investigate and fully understand any and all risks before investing.
Additionally, Trend Following™ in no way warrants the solvency, financial condition, or investment advisability of any security or instrument. In addition, Trend Following™ accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this information. This information is not intended to be used as a basis of any investment decision, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the investment needs of any particular investor.
HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.
Ready to purchase? Go to the top of this page and add the product to your cart to checkout!